NAHB Building Systems Housing Summit - Atlanta, Georgia
The 2022 Building Systems Housing Summit, Sept. 18-20 in Atlanta, offers a unique opportunity to learn more about offsite construction and network with key players in the field. New for this year’s conference, take part in a dedicated education track, "Systems-Built Construction 101," for home builders interested in adopting a modular, panelized, concrete, log or timber frame construction method.
This one-of-a-kind event connects builders with insights, leaders and decision-makers to help them successfully identify, apply and adopt offsite construction as part of their business model. Join builders, manufacturers and suppliers of the offsite construction community for networking and education, including sessions such as:
Systems Built Construction 101 Education Track with Al Cobb & Jack Armstrong
- Closed Wall Systems: Building with Structural Insulated Panels (Sept. 19, 9:30-11:30 a.m.) — Understand how SIP building envelopes are quickly and simply designed and assembled to surpass the latest 2021 energy codes to meet high-performance, net-zero energy/low carbon mandates at an affordable price – in most cases at an installed cost lower than traditional construction.
- ICC Offsite Construction Standards and Your Business (Sept. 19, 1:15-2:15 p.m.) — The International Code Council (ICC) has partnered with the Modular Building Institute (MBI) in the development of standards addressing different aspects of the offsite construction process. The new standards cover prefabricated components, panelized walls and modular elements.
Established Systems-Built Pro Education Track
- Special Report: Offsite Construction Housing Forecast (Sept. 19, 2:45-3:45 p.m.) — A leading authority in the financial affairs of home building, NAHB's economics group surveys builders, home buyers, and renters to gain insight into the issues and trends driving the industry. During this presentation, hear from NAHB's Chief Economist about not only the general home building market, but also specific and targeted data regarding offsite residential construction.
- A Global View on Innovation in the Systems-Built Environment (Sept. 20, 9:45-10:45 a.m.) —Today's building solution providers are adopting technology and changing the landscape of how we design, construct and operate within our homes and buildings. Join us for this virtual trip around the world as we showcase how innovators are using advanced offsite methods of construction to solve the housing crisis.
Don't miss out on the premier conference for offsite construction. Sign up today — early bird registration closes July 15.
EEBA Summit 2022 - Scottsdale, Arizona
SIPA and many SIP industry leaders are participating in the Energy & Environmental Building Alliances (EEBA) Home Summit this September in Scottsdale, Arizona. This annual event is a magnet for building innovation that puts people and the planet first. We are especially excited to showcase SIPs in two Summit classes reaching thousands of forward-thinking building professionals.
- Healthy, Near-Zero Building Envelopes Faster & Better Value than Traditional Methods
- with Sam Rashkin, TruHome Facts & Retooling the Housing Industry & Jack Armstrong, SIPA Executive Director
Tuesday, September 20, 3:00 - 4:00 PM North Forum
Are you getting passed by innovative builders achieving net-zero easier and faster than you are at a lower overall cost? Been afraid of off site construction and what it means to your trades and incorporating them into your operations? Look no further. This session illustrates prooven examples of how structural insulated panels (SIPs) are used in a wide variety of project types from residential (single & multifamily) to light commercial (hotels, schools, churches, retail & restaurants) to retrofit - all to provide faster, less complicated, building envelopes while providing many cost synergies. This will be illustrated & proven via a newly developed True Cost Bidding Tool which easily allows for 'on the fly' data input comparing your building methods agains SIPs.
- How to wire SIPS and ICF homes - with Ted Clifton, Zero-Energy Plans, LLC
Wednesday, September 21, 3:30 - 4:30 PM Coronado Palomas
One of the big issue builders have when trying to adopt newer technologies is getting their sub-contractors on-board with the means and methods required to be smooth and successful. SIPS and ICFs each have their own set of pitfalls for the plumber, HVAC professional, or electrician, but if you are armed with the right tools and techniques, it can be faster and smoother than wiring a stick-framed house. This class wil be aimed at the builder and his trade partners, so that each will know what they need to do, and in what order.
Attending SIPA Members: BASF, PremierSIPs, DuPont Specialty Products, Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC, Extreme Panels Technologies, Energy Panel Structures, SIP-SEAL (Sustant, LLC).
View the summit program here.
IBS 2023 - Las Vegas, Nevada
The NAHB International Builders' Show® (IBS)—the premier, once-a-year event that connects, educates and improves the residential construction industry—is a hub for new product launches, construction demos, industry thought leader sessions, workshops, panel discussions…and more. The people, products and knowledge you’ll gain will give you the real ideas and real solutions you need to grow and strengthen your essential business.
More to come in 2023 when the International Builders' Show will be hosted in Las Vegas, Nevada. See you there!